Friday, November 16, 2012
cook a butternut squash and remove the flesh. Saute a Medium Onion. After it is transparent add the squash and 3 cups of chicken broth. Bring to a simmer for 15 min. Blend in a blender. Put back in pot and add 1 1/2 cups half &half or cream, 1 tsp salt, pepper to taste, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp mace, and 4 TBS molasses.
Garnish with more mace.
Thursday, November 15, 2012
Nephi was a perfect example of doing hard things when he was asked to do them.
What are some of the hard things he had to do?
- leave his home (1 Nephi 2:2-4)
- go back for the plates (1 Nephi 3:4)
- Build a ship (1 Nephi 17:8)
How did he respond with each hard task?
- HE PRAYED FOR UNDERSTANDING "I did cry unto the Lord and He did... soften my heart" (1 Nephi 2:16)
- HE RESPONDED OBEDIENTLY "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded.." (1 Nephi 3:7)
- HE ACTED IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT HESITATION. "Lord, whither shall I go to make ore?" (1 Nephi 17:9)
When we are in a tuff spot Nephi has given us a good guide of how to respond. Often we will need to do all three but other times our faith will be sufficient to just "act immediately".
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Monday, November 12, 2012
For this activity you need: different kinds of gummy worms, orange and blake frosting, black licorice, crunch bites that look like poop, plastic spiders and any thing else that looks spooky or grose ;)