Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Monday, December 17, 2012
Friday, December 14, 2012
Thursday, December 13, 2012
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
depending on what we have:)
Friday, November 16, 2012
cook a butternut squash and remove the flesh. Saute a Medium Onion. After it is transparent add the squash and 3 cups of chicken broth. Bring to a simmer for 15 min. Blend in a blender. Put back in pot and add 1 1/2 cups half &half or cream, 1 tsp salt, pepper to taste, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp mace, and 4 TBS molasses.
Garnish with more mace.
Thursday, November 15, 2012
Nephi was a perfect example of doing hard things when he was asked to do them.
What are some of the hard things he had to do?
- leave his home (1 Nephi 2:2-4)
- go back for the plates (1 Nephi 3:4)
- Build a ship (1 Nephi 17:8)
How did he respond with each hard task?
- HE PRAYED FOR UNDERSTANDING "I did cry unto the Lord and He did... soften my heart" (1 Nephi 2:16)
- HE RESPONDED OBEDIENTLY "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded.." (1 Nephi 3:7)
- HE ACTED IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT HESITATION. "Lord, whither shall I go to make ore?" (1 Nephi 17:9)
When we are in a tuff spot Nephi has given us a good guide of how to respond. Often we will need to do all three but other times our faith will be sufficient to just "act immediately".